Tuesday 13 December 2011

Christmas 2011: Questionnaire

No talking lets get started!

Where in the world are you from?
I live in Denmark, Scandinavia.
What is the weather like in that country at Christmas time?Sometimes we have snow on Christmas Eve. We’ve had rough winters for the past two years and snow on Christmas Eve. But this year it’s very uncertain whether we’re going to have a “white Christmas” or not.
What does your town do for this holiday?Trees and streets get decorated with lights and ornaments. People hang lights on their trees or bushes in the garden. We have Christmas markets where some people have different craft booths both in- and outdoors. We get together and make Christmas decorations and bake cake. And of course, we all stress about what to get who for Christmas ;)
Do you celebrate Christmas Eve, lunch, dinner or morning?In Denmark (and big parts of Europe if not all) Christmas Eve is the peak of Christmas. All day of the 24th we (in our home) cooks, watch TV, admire the decorated tree, wait in anxiety, have a good meal consisting of white boiled potatoes, small caramelized potatoes, pork roast, red sweetened cabbage and brown sauce. Then we unwrap presents, have ris a la mande for desert and chill out J
Do you attend any special religious ceremonies?Some people go to church, we don’t.
Traditionally, who brings the presents in your country?Santa, good ol’ Santa!
Do you think Christmas has changed since you were a child?No not really. The only thing that has changed is that I’m no longer a child. Christmas in Denmark is mostly about cosiness and especially making sure that the children have a magical time. Plus it’s kind of hard to get into the Christmas mood when you are super busy at work and in school L
Name 5 things you want for Christmas this yearI’d like Avril Lavigne’s Black star and .. Something something Rose perfume ;)
Money for my Stockholm trip.
A new camera.
Make up from ELF.
New shoes.
What is your favorite Christmas song?Probably Santa Baby sung by Eartha Kitt.
What is your favorite Christmas scent?The scent of newly baked cookies!
Favorite gift recieved as a child?Well.. I wasn’t exactly a child, but it’s some years ago. My parents gave me a Maglite flashlight, I was so upset and disappointed. I didnøt even want it, and couldn’t see what I was going to use it for. But I’ve come to be extremely grateful, I use it all the time and it’s super good!
Hardest person to bu a present for?My dad! I always end up giving him things that just needs to be replaced around the house, mainly in the kitchen. A new kitchen timer, frying pan (this year), towels. I always make sure to get him something either big or many small presents because I feel bad for him just looking at my mom and me unwrapping presents. YOU SHOULD HAVE MANY PRESENTS EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A GROWN MAN!
Easiest person to buy for?Probably my mom and my friends. Candles, soaps, make-up, perfume – that’s something I give ALL girls if I can’t think of anything else.
Favorite Christmas movie?A Christmas Romance!
When do you start shopping for Christmas?As quickly as possible! I’ll start in September even if I just have two things! 1) And idea of what I want. 2) MONEH!
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?Mmm traditional cake which I have no idea what to call in English.. And pork roast..

No comments:

Post a Comment