Tuesday 22 November 2011

Haul: Books from NY

Hiaa. So YES it's ages ago since I went to New York and YES I did shop alot and haven't hauled anything but the nailpolish, I can't say I'll ever get around to it - we'll see. But here are the books I purchased, I do love to read so I'm hoping these will be good. (Haven't read any of them yet) and I will also review them when I have :)

First off we have the College Humor book. I mainly bought it because I am a huge fan of Colle Humor. If you don't know College Humor it's a channel on youtube, so go fetch! This was (trying to find the dollar sign on my keyboard :D)... I give up, can't find it.. It was 20 USD.

Next up is The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman. Yes this is an autographed copy, they didn't have some that weren't autographed and I wanted the book. (To be frank I don't really care about autographs :s). This was 13.99 USD.

AAARGH MATYES! This is a pirate tale! Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton. I read on the back of this and it seems alot like Pirates of the Caribbean, don't know if it's a rip off, I hope not! I bought this at the airport, it was 9.99 USD.
Cleopatra a Life by Stacy Schiff. A actually thought this was a novel until I got back from NY and read PROPERLY on the back, it's a biography xD I've never read a biography before so I do hope it won't bore me - I'm not too keen on history. (At least my teacher really knows how to kill the excitement!)

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. This sounds really good! When my host (we were staying with host families) saw that I hap picked out this books she almost screamed and told me "OMGGGG THAT BOOK IS SO GOOOD!!! AAAARGH", it was hysterical :) looking alot forward to read it, AND I WILL! Soon.. Well as soon as I've read the other 10.000 books I have to read :s this was 16 USD

Wi(iiiiiiiiiiiiiii)cked Appetite by Janet Evanovich. Bought it at the airport, this was 8.99 USD. For the record I just want to say that at the airport I bought alot of random things without properly looking at what it was and I'm very.. Uuhmm, nervous I guess about reading this, it sounds awfully strange.

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese, this was 15.95 USD, it sounds very philosophical - I loove that :D
Last but not least, Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. Truly excited to read this, this will be the first Nicholas Sparks book I'll read. ALSO I have never seen a Nicholas Sparks movie, like the Notebook so I'm excited. This was 14.99 USD.

Do you like books? Which book would you like to have a review of the most?

- Elk


No comments:

Post a Comment