Thursday 14 June 2012

Makeup: Spring trend 2012

Hi guys. Yesterday I googled "spring makeup trends 2012" and I found pictures like this: 

Picture from: 

Picture from: 

Picture from: 

These looks are, basically, just one bright colour swept over the entire lid and brought up a little over the crease and blended out. Then a nice black eyeliner is added to the upper lid, you can make it thin or thick, whatever you like, but I prefer a little bit thick.



 So today I decided to go for it. I thought it to be kind of a dare because I wanted to use my new pigment from Collection 2000 in the colour Tinkerbell, a bright green that, to be honest, comes out to look very teal and blue. Anyway, I felt like it was a dare because I was afraid that it would turn out kind of like this:

Picture from: 

I'm sure that was totally rad in the 80's, but not really my style. Luckily, it didn't and I really liked the look. I'll definitely play more with this in the spring and upcoming summer using bold and bright colours.

What do like for spring and summer? Isn't this a little bold for such a light season?
 - Elk




No comments:

Post a Comment